The mission of the social movement “WHITE CANE” is to inspire disabled people and healthy people to become independent, successful in life and useful to other people.
It becomes possible by the concept of “Extability”.
“Extrability” is the philosophy, the principle of action and the rule of life of the social movement “WHITE CANE”. We believe that people with disabilities, who have been able to adapt to their physical status and to return to life in society, have activated the special internal opportunities that are hidden in every person. By opening the access to internal resources, such people seek to help other people to find dormant forces and abilities in themselves. We call these people “positive disabled people.”
The concept of Extrability is the abilities of the highest quality, by the term “extrability” we mean a person with these abilities.
Activism. We abandon a passive attitude and speculation on disabilities in favor of action. We are looking for opportunities to implement our talents, capabilities and skills.
Positive thinking. No matter what we do – we do it in a good mood. We inspire others with our fortitude and staminas.
The public good. We aspire to contribute to people around us – at work, in our public and personal lives, and beyond the world of people with disabilities.
Informed choice. We choose by ourselves who we are – people with disabilities or people with extabilities.
The values and philosophy of ANO “WHITE CANE” are directly related to the principles of new psychology developed at the Institute of design management and competitive strategies:
Principles and presuppositions of the New Psychology
1.We develop the cultural capital instead of connecting to the «Unconscious Collective».
- Formation of flow and measurability instead of magic.
- Willingness to perceive and use the cultural capital is a competence that should be developed.
2.Conflict creates a difference of potentials for moving forward.
- Everyone has hidden resources.
- The conflict is connected not with a problem and not with a trauma, but with the experience and the skill of suppressing your own resources.
- The conflict is supported by the reference states to which a person compares and understands a difference.
- There are no problems – there are actively suppressed personal resources.
- Environmental friendliness is a state when a person do not want to live badly anymore.
3.We treat everything that happens as a force, as a support, which opens up the new opportunities and is the door to the new talents.
- Changes are always for the better.
- The transition state provides a sustainable result.
- The transition is when there is no road back, and it is more joyful than frightening.
4.We are ready to wait a lifetime for the moment when you express yourself as the best and the most humane.
- Changes always come on time.
- Next time you will be surprised again.
- The most insulting thing is that you will have to live well anyway.
5.Understanding is priceless.
- In your world, everyone is necessary because only in cooperation with others your hidden talents develop.
- Understanding is the limitation.
The term “inclusion” we understand as including the maximum amount of talents and abilities of a person. In terms of activities related to people with disabilities, inclusion is the interaction of people with disabilities with representatives of other social groups. Inclusive interaction involves the creation of inclusive product that is valuable for the maximum representatives of social groups.
How can we access the quality of inclusive interaction with people with disabilities?
How can we access the maximum inclusion of a person with a disability in inclusive interaction of creating of inclusive product?
If we replace a person with a disability during the inclusive interaction of creating of inclusive product with a person without a disability, the quality of the product should be unrecognizable and its value should fall.
The same criterion applies to inclusion not only with people with disabilities, but also with representatives of different social groups: dependent, children, representatives of public organizations, government authorities, representatives of business, educational organizations, civic activists, professionals, older persons with disabilities, citizens of different countries, etc.
The organization of an inclusive conference has a number of specific factors, that need to be addressed.
The fact that the event was attended by representatives of different social groups makes this event unique.
An inclusive conference is a project in which representatives of different social groups interact:
- People with disabilities;
- Persons who have used narcotic or psychotropic substances without a doctor’s appointment, who underwent a rehabilitation course and are on a post-rehabilitation program;
- Foreign participants (if the conference is held at the international level and foreign speakers and listeners are involved, Thomas Krause, Chairman of the International Coordinating Committee, initiator of the International Congress movement for people with disabilities);
- Representatives of education (Serova Nina Borisovna, Director of the Institute of Physical Culture, Sports and Youth Policy of the UrFU, Galaguzova Yulia Nikolaevna, Head of the Chair of Pedagogics, USPU)
- Business representatives (Gartseva Julia, the head of commercial projects of USTA Hotels, Toto Darch, Deputy General Director of the bid committee Ekaterinburg World EXPO-2025, Piskunov Alexey Borisovich, Executive Director of PJSC Airport Koltsovo, Barannikov Konstantin, General Director of the Institute of Design Management and Competitive strategies)
- Government authorities (Nikiforov Aleksey Ivanovich, Advisor to the Minister of Social Policy of the Sverdlovsk Region, Sobolev Andrey Olegovich Minister of International and Foreign Economic Relations of the Sverdlovsk Region)
- Creative figures (Trofimova Darya Andreevna, head of the exhibition projects Department of the Center of Traditional Folk Culture of the Middle Urals)
- Heads of public organizations (Gnusareva Elena Pavlovna, head of the inclusive dance studio “Vivat”, member of the International Organizing Committee of the International Festival “Inclusive dance” (Moscow), Kolpashchikov Oleg Borisovich, President of the ANO “White cane”)