From 8 to 22 September within frameworks of preparation for the round – the-world expedition on the yacht with the participation of people with disabilities “Sails of the spirit” another expedition on the route Taganrog-Sevastopol was held.
The yacht “Burevestnik” provided by the partner of the project “Southern Federal University ” passed 400 nautical miles across the waters of the Azov and Black seas. The first such expedition took place in 2014
One of the main results of the expedition in 2014 was the formation of an inclusive team of enthusiasts led by a girl with visual disabilities from Sevastopol Alexandra Lazareva.
After participation in the activities of the expedition in 2014 in the library of Sevastopol Department for working with people with disabilities and the organization “White cane – Sevastopol” appeared there, this organization initiated the Third Russian Congress of persons with disabilities in September 2018 in Sevastopol.
In 2018, the inclusive team of “Sails of the spirit” sailed away from the shores of the sea of Azov to support and participate in the Congress, as well as to create conditions for the emergence of new leaders and new teams working in the development of an inclusive culture.
The inclusive crew included three persons with visual disabilities, the rest of the team are members without disabilities.
The yacht ” Burevestnik” passed along the sea of Azov and the Black sea on the route Taganrog – Kerch – Artek – Balaklava – Sevastopol. Along the route of the expedition the crew carried out the following activities:
- presentation of the project and a seminar on inclusive interaction training for teachers and students of Rostov region Universities at the Southern Federal University in Rostov-on-don.
- representatives of the team “Sails of the spirit” participated in the opening of the charity marathon in the Central square of Taganrog.
- workshop “The inclusive man” in the urban society of the blind and in the Marine Engineering Lyceum of Kerch,
- inclusive games for children from Artek camp,
- workshops, seminars and panel discussions at the III Russian Congress of persons with disabilities in Sevastopol
During the 400-mile route inclusive team trained in the management of the yacht and sails, cooking in the course of movement of the yacht, household maintenance crew members and, of course, the organization of inclusive events.
We thank all the organizers of the Taganrog-Sevastopol stage, especially the yacht captain Victor Klokov!
Results of the expedition
As a result of the expedition for the first time on long and short passages 8 people participated, three of them — people with visual disabilities.
- For the first time the team of “Sails of the spirit” held an event in the world’s largest summer children’s health camp “Artek”
- For the first time, a representative of the African continent participated in the project.
- For the first time in the history of congresses of people with disabilities, an inclusive regatta was included in the program.
- After the end of the expedition, the participant with visual impairment Evgenia Cherepanova became the official coach of the program for training on inclusive interaction.
- Negotiations with the leadership of the southern Federal University on a long-term program of annual expeditions on the yacht “Burevestnik” in the region of the Azov and Black seas.
On September 22, in the framework of the Third Russian Congress of people with disabilities with the support of the Sailing Federation of Sevastopol the 5th in the 2018 season regatta ” Sails of the spirit ” was held and it was the completion of the expedition” Sails of the spirit. Taganrog-Sevastopol”.
The competition was attended by 11 yachts with a professional crew, including people with visual disabilities. One of them was the yacht “Burevestnik”, provided by the Southern Federal University for the expedition.
Participants of the regatta, held on the basis of the Yacht club №57, were representatives of many regions of Russia – Sevastopol, Simferopol, Yekaterinburg, Chelyabinsk, Tyumen, Zarechny, Kaliningrad, Taganrog, Yalta.